Who knew unpacking could be complicated?!?! Well at least for me it has been. I’m one of those people that likes to put things in their “rightful” place the first time, rather than continuously shuffling things from one place to another until it’s finally right.
I’d been trying to figure out what to do with my trunk from college because you can’t just throw good storage items away. I came across this fabulous DIY Union Jack Trunk which inspired me to paint the Brit flag on mine. And seeing that I love most things British, THIS WAS THE PERFECT IDEA!
1. A trunk (I’d had mine since college).
2. A quart of paint & primer (I used Behr’s Latex , rather than a separate primer and paint as Meredith did).
3. A tester sized of a colored paint (I used
4. A quart of another colored paint (I used
5. measuring tape
6. Painter’s tape size 1.88″
7. Painters tape size .94″
9. A fine artist’s paint brush
10. A wider paint brush
Here’s some of my photos from the painting process. For step-by-step instructions visit Meredith and Gwyneth, the New Yorkie. She did a great job providing detailed instructions.
Stay tune for what’s to come on the inside of my DIY Union Jack Trunk!
Does this inspire you to start a project of your own? If so, what are you planning?
Corrine Bailey Rae’s The Sea (album)
Lina’s Inner Beauty Movement (album)
Esperanza Spalding’s Chamber Music (album)